Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (Fixed-Term: 1 year)
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Daly City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine , within the Department
of Medicine, is a dynamic and innovative center dedicated to
excellence in research, medical education, and clinical care. Our
division is driven by over 40 faculty, clinician educators and
instructors who are the pillar of strength in the Division's
ongoing efforts into the prevention, and treatment of
We are seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate who will
be assigned to more than one clinical trial under the direction of
the Principal Investigator of the protocols. The projects involve
participants with heart failure.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors,
and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from start-up through
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study
participants according to protocol. Assist in developing
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical
research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow
sheets and other study related documents, and complete study
documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit
case report forms for completion and accuracy with source
documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure Institutional
Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of
procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring
meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve
billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring
patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and
research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of related education and relevant experience;
additional 1-2 years clinical trial experience preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and two years related work experience
or a Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient
measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 89646 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Daly City , Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (Fixed-Term: 1 year), Accounting, Auditing , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!