Stonestown Order Writer (All Departments)
Company: Whole Foods Market
Location: Daly City
Posted on: January 7, 2022
We're offering $500 to part-time Team Members and $1,000 to
full-time Team Members hired between September 27, 2021 and March
31, 2022 at this location.
- To be eligible, the Team Members must remain continuously
employed from their offer acceptance date to their 90th day of
employment and work an average of at least 16 hours per week during
that 90-day period.
- The sign-on bonus will be paid out in one lump sum payment
following the 90-day period in accordance with applicable law and
is subject to applicable taxes and other withholdings.
- Please talk to a member of Store Leadership for more
Orders, replenishes, and merchandises products and participates in
WFM programs for purchasing and promotions. Monitors inventory
control and replenishes product based upon WFM ordering standards.
Assists in organizing and developing promotional displays and
maintaining OTS standards All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs
require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at
all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team
and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must
be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Principal Duties
- Replenishes products through proper buying procedures.
- Orders products and maintains appropriate back stock
- Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and
credits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Controls spoilage/shrink; achieves turn goals; participates in
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
- Ensures orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Analyzes and controls product transfers, waste, and
- Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
- Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding
purchasing and sales targets.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership.Job Skills
- Extensive knowledge of meat, seafood, and other grocery
products and ability to communicate living and growing conditions
of animals to customers and Team Members.
- Ability to educate team and customers on product knowledge and
- Strong basic math skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality
- 12+ months retail experience.Physical Requirements/Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel
carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose of this
document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
business needs.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Daly City , Stonestown Order Writer (All Departments), Advertising , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!