Company: Career Pathways Consulting
Location: Daly City
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionThis job is being posted on behalf of our client,
Fortified Branding.If you are an Outstanding Marketing Assistant
who: Is set up to work from home and interact virtually; Loves
wearing many hats in their marketing role; Passionate about a
career in marketing and loves to learn new things and grow;
Possesses mad writing skills; Wants to be on the ground floor of a
growing and scaling consultancy; Enjoys finding solutions to
problems to help purpose-driven entrepreneurs and companies win,
and wants to grow their role to more significant responsibilities
eventually and lead more junior experience people coming up in the
marketing ranks…then keep reading.Position OverviewFortified
Branding seeks a full-time Marketing Assistant to work side-by-side
with our CEO and team to organize in-house marketing campaigns,
manage and design specific client marketing campaigns, and assist
in developing marketing strategies. This role supports the
marketing for the company and valued retainer clients in their
primary and administrative duties.As we scale and grow, you will be
on the ground floor of our brand consultancy, working with the CEO
to help build our marketing footprint, including website, content
marketing, and social media management. The Marketing Assistant
helps streamline processes and projects.This role requires someone
who can think on their feet, loves to write short (a social media
post) and long (a crafted email or blog), enjoys taking on a
challenge, and has excellent attention to detail and
follow-through. Above all, you'll be a champion for the company,
passionate about the work, and command internal and external
communication. This work will be a critical factor for the smooth
operation of the internal marketing department, the attainment of
its goals, and the company's long-term growth.About Fortified
Branding and Our Values:We are a small but mighty team of skilled
marketers. We are on a mission to empower high-achieving, busy,
purpose-driven entrepreneurs and small businesses, to tell a
compelling brand story so they can step out of their competitor's
shadow and shine as they connect with their clients
magnetically.Our small consultancy has served over 100 clients
helping them apply the power of design and storytelling to tell a
clear brand narrative so they can deepen their connections with
their customers, claiming a place in the hearts and minds to
attract more growth. We do this by providing brand and content
strategy, messaging, design expertise, and marketing execution.We
pride ourselves on being casual, efficient, and fun while our team
works very well together. Our office is virtual. So work from your
happy place. Our continued success depends on adding quality people
to our company, who uniquely understand how to thrive working for a
small business.Our ValuesWe are The Guide
- Help clients get out of their own way. Navigate them to the
doorstep of success. All they then have to do is walk in. Always
help the customer win by shedding light on the next step. Shine
light to show the way for others. (strategically.) We are
- Bring Solutions before Problems. When bumping up against
obstacles, what are the 2 - 4 solutions that will solve the issue?
What is the simplest solution, and can it be automated? Proactively
solve and make a map.We Fortify Connections Authentically
- Create meaningful connections and authentic relationships with
each other and clients to continue to shape the generous world. We
are Anti-Racist and Promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
- We are committed to listening, learning, and acting every day
to eliminate systemic racism, increase equality and diversity in
every part of our lives, and lift people up, especially women,
people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people living with disabilities and
other historically marginalized communities.About Unique You:
- You have a natural curiosity and passion for everything, brand
and marketing, and love learning new things.
- You are naturally self-motivated, can multi-task while keeping
your cool, stay extremely organized in your documentation, and have
the know-how to prioritize multiple projects and campaigns.
- You work well in a fast-moving company environment and under
sometimes tight deadlines.
- You are driven to deliver assignments and tasks on or before
deadlines and strive not to settle for mediocre work.
- You constantly strive to learn more, challenge yourself, and
contribute your knowledge to improve the team and organization you
- You love technology and are proficient with learning and
- You have a strong knowledge of full-funnel marketing and lead
- You are proficient in marketing automation technology. You are
familiar with analytical and database tools.
- You are a solutionist and always seek solutions to
problems/obstacles and bring them up to leadership for
- You think all the way through the process and always try to
predict the outcome based on the actions.
- You are experienced in writing short and long well.
- You pride yourself on your verbal and written communications
skills and organizing your thoughts.
- You believe your word is gold and set out to do what you say
you will do through action.
- You love working posting on Instagram and other social media
platforms, designing in Canva, and utilizing GSuite.
- You have a good eye for great design and are keen on organizing
your work, so it is easily found and sharable with the team.And are
open to being trained or increasing your applicable skills in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Email Management Providers, such as MailChimp, Active Campaign,
- Copywriting within the specific framework of empathy marketing
and StoryBrandKey Responsibilities
- Provide support to marketing team.
- Execute marketing strategies.
- Work with marketing team to manage brand and marketing
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Perform market and client research.
- Create and research marketing lists and clean-up emails and
- Create reports on marketing performance.
- Maintain schedules for marketing initiatives.
- Support social content creation, design, promotion, and
distribution; community engagement on organic and paid advertising,
sourcing user-generated content, and repurposing campaign
- Attend trade shows, company events both virtual and eventually
- Organize and manage marketing collateral.
- Coordinate and maintain project management tool, Asana, for
internal and client campaigns
- Update website content for both client and company
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the
functionality and coordination of company's marketing
- Support marketing executives in organizing various
- Conduct market research and analyze consumer rating reports/
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data
(social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional
or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Compose and post online content on the company's website and
social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc) to
augment the company's presence in the market
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting
- Manage and create email campaigns for specific client account
needs as well as for company
- Create and maintain marketing performance reports, including
marketing channel performance and lead generation.
- Create consistent brand design and messaging across all
marketing touchpoints and ensure messages are aligned with brand
voice and style standards.
- Evaluate current marketing processes and offer any solutions to
create efficiencies and refine the process. Streamline siloed
systems and optimize where possible.
- Performing other work-related duties as assignedRequired
Qualifications and Knowledge:REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS + KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of professional experience operating in a social
media, content creation, and/or community management capacity or
study in marketing, digital media and/or communications.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing an email marketing system is
a must and knowing how to operate email databases and plan
campaigns is essential to the success of this role; knowledge of
MailChimp is ideal.
- Proficient in Asana, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite is a
- An ability to multitask, move fast while paying close attention
to detail and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- The ability to maintain brand voice.
- A proactive, highly organized, self-motivated work ethic, with
a willingness to learn.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, patience, good judgment, and
flexibility in their work.
- Commitment to the highest standards of integrity.
- Confidence to take initiative and make decisions
- Strong people skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to
work well with others, including clients.
- Proven experience as a marketing assistant. Good understanding
of office management and marketing principles
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- Example of workpieces/portfolio required
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors Degree a Plus.The
- You find this job post and think you are a great fit.
- You apply and send in your resume that express how great you
- If we find what you present and submit interesting, we will set
up a phone interview.
- If the team is impressed by the phone conversation, we will ask
you to create a presentation in which you present a social media
campaign of your favorite brand and what you would recommend to
grow that business.
- You will meet the CEO and present this in the next round.
- We review your presentation. If you check all the winning
boxes, we will be asked to take a Gallup Clifton Strengths
assessment to understand how we will be able to utilize your
potential at work.
- If you like us as much as we like you, we will offer you a
position. Benefit perks (after 90 days:)
- Paid PTO 48 hours
- 7 paid holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day,
Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day through New Year's Eve
- Paid week off between Christmas and New Year's
- 48 hours of sick days
- Monthly stipend to use towards your health benefits.Fully
virtual$58,000 - $63,000 annual salaryHours: Monday through
Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm PSTPowered by JazzHRXIkJ6QEPD3
Keywords: Career Pathways Consulting, Daly City , Marketing Assistant, Advertising , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!