Health Education Instructor III
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Daly City
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Conducts specialized health education classes using moderately
difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of
health of Kaiser members and non-members. May serve as content and
resource expert in the development of class curriculum.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources
and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior
modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content
to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching
- Sustains a high level of expertise and assures cutting edge
knowledge in specific topic area.
- May coordinate health information projects such as program
catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, community health
events, etc.May support staff education training related to
specific content area.
- May consult with physicians and staff regarding related health
- May be called on to review, develop or recommend high quality,
culturally appropriate, written and audio-visual health education
materials to better meet class needs.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials
and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance
rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations and timesheets or
phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those
who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor
progress of participants and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as
those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance,
accreditation and licenser requirements and department specific
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources
related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification
offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
Basic Qualifications:ExperienceBasic Qualifications:
- Minimum four (4) years of experience teaching classes or
conducting training programs.Education
- Bachelor's degree.License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed or professional credentials or certification as
appropriate for the course instruction.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and exercise professional
- Demonstrate skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of
people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and group
- Current knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care
and behavior change.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Master's degree in public health administration OR six (6)
years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Daly City,Daly City Medical
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Sat
WorkingHoursStart : 12:01 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Education / Training,Education & Training
Department : Daly City Medical Offices - Patient Education -
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Daly City , Health Education Instructor III, Education / Teaching , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!