Director of Affordable Housing Compliance
Company: Related Companies
Location: Daly City
Posted on: April 9, 2021
ResponsibilitiesWhy choose Related? Click here to watch a short
video: The Director of Affordable Housing Compliance - San
Francisco, under the guidance and supervision of the Vice President
of Operations and the General Counsel for Related Management
Company, L.P., is responsible for ensuring compliance in the
operation of the affordable housing programs (LIHTC, bond, and
otherwise) within Related Management Company's San Francisco luxury
portfolio, which currently consists of over 400 affordable units
spread across four unique, best-in-class, luxury multifamily
projects (collectively, the "Projects"). Responsibilities:
- Foster and develop relationships with local and state
overseeing agencies with jurisdiction over the affordable housing
programs located Projects, including but not limited to the
California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (CTCAC), the San
Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development
(MOHCD), and others (collectively, the "Agencies")
- Complete and submit any required documentation that must be
submitted to the Agencies that must be completed or updated (e.g.,
the marketing plan, tenant selection plan, and affirmative fair
housing marketing plan), with the assistance of other Related
Management Company legal and compliance staff.
- Work with the staff of the Projects to complete initial
eligibility interviews for occupancy, and review all initial
affordable move-in files, as well as ongoing recertification files,
to ensure compliance with federal, state and city regulatory
program requirements as well as Fair Housing regulations.
- Oversee affordable housing compliance functions, including
filling vacancies and the completion of annual recertifications, at
- Monitor and manage affordable housing waitlists for the
Projects to minimize vacancies.
- Evaluate and respond to any appeals made by rejected applicants
for housing in a timely fashion.
- Supervise and provide training for on-site Project staff in
relation to affordable housing compliance functions, including but
not limited to initial certification and leasing efforts,
recertification efforts, agency and investor reporting
requirements, tenant and applicant communications, waitlist
management, remarketing, and other related tasks on an as-needed
- Review and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and
owner certifications to the Agencies, as well as financing partners
and other institutions, as needed.
- Coordinate with leasing and site operations staff, including
the general managers and and assistant general managers of the
Projects, to fill affordable vacancies.
- Coordinate with fair housing counsel to ensure site teams are
trained in fair housing and reasonable accommodations and assist
teams in evaluating reasonable accommodation and modification
- Prepare Project site teams for scheduled file audits, examine
tenant files in preparation for audits, and review responses
corresponding to agency audits
- Appropriately field and direct inquiries received by the
management company or the owners of the Projects regarding the
portfolio's affordable housing programs
- Prepare and submit Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans and
Tenant Selection Plans to the Agencies.
- Monitor ongoing legal (e.g., landlord tenant litigation) and
fair housing cases.
- Assist the management company and project owners in the
planning and implementation of any future projects in San Francisco
that have an affordable housing component.
- Update city and state mandated marketing efforts for affordable
housing vacancies as required.
- Oversee the implementation of updated income limits and utility
allowances on an annual basis.
- Stay current with federal, state and local updates about to
various program requirements.
- Partner with public agencies, consultants and industry experts
to strengthen the goals of the company's affordable housing
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
(HUD) and the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) programs is
- TCS, TaCCs, COS, AHM, BOS, or other widely-recognized
affordable housing compliance certification required
- Familiarity with CTCAC, MOHCD, and other state and local
affordable housing oversignt agencies
- Experience with affordable housing recertification processes
required, initial project lease-up experience preferred
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree required
- Detail oriented, organized and strong analytical skills.
- Creativity and initiative to work both independently as well as
within a team while able to perform in a busy, changing,
multi-tasking work environment. #LU1 OverviewRelated Management
Company (RMC) is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of
assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists
of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental
buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium
residences, affordable and workforce housing located throughout the
United States. As the owner and developer for the majority of the
RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best
assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently
maintained property management platform with dedicated
professionals who consistently exceeds our residents' and
commercial tenants' expectations. Our dedication to providing the
highest and most personalized level of service is one of the
hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market.
For more please visit . Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For information about how we use your personal information,
including information submitted for career opportunities, please
Keywords: Related Companies, Daly City , Director of Affordable Housing Compliance, Executive , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!