Respiratory Care Practitioner II - 12 Hour (0.75 - 60 Hours Per Pay Period)
Company: Air Combat Effectiveness Consulting Group, LLC
Location: Daly City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Respiratory Care Practitioner II - 12 Hour (0.75 - 60 Hours Per
Pay Period) in Daly City, California - Careers at Seton Medical
Center Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Respiratory Care Practitioner II - 12 Hour (0.75 - 60 Hours Per Pay
Period) Posted Date 4 months ago (11/24/2020 7:56 PM) Requisition
ID req9110 Facility Seton Medical Center # of Openings 1 Shift
Variable Category Respiratory Position Type Regular Part-Time
Overview This position is responsible for providing diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures as defined by departmental policies and
procedures for neonatal through geriatric patients.
Responsibilities include general respiratory patient cart,
emergency care, critical care, patient assessment, and patient
plans of care, patient/family education and patient/family
discharge instruction. This position also requires utilization of
advanced practitioner skills to intervene in complex patient care
situations. The Respiratory Care Practitioner assists in the
development of policies and procedures, patient protocols,
education/coaching of nursing, support personnel, patients,
caregivers and participates in multidisciplinary patient care
conferences and performance improvement activities.
- Administers general respiratory care to patients as appropriate
and medically necessary and per physicians' orders:
- All modes of aerosolized bronchodilators and medications.
- Volume expansion therapy (Incentive Spirometry, PEP therapy,
- Oxygen and bland aerosol therapy.
- Pulse Oximetry.
- Simple sleep study.
- Arterial puncture for blood gas analysis.
- Bedside pulmonary function.
- Provides patient/family education:
- During admission and documents on plan of care.
- Before discharge, provides discharge instruction and documents
on the discharge instruction form.
- Assesses patients continuously for appropriateness and medical
necessity of all therapy and documents accordingly:
- Communicates with physicians when therapy orders need to be
- Turns MDI's over to Nursing Services when patient demonstrates
- Manages and maintains mechanical ventilation and non-invasive
- Interprets arterial blood gas analysis and responds
appropriately in terms of making ventilation/oxygenation parameter
- Manages, interprets capnography/capnometry and responds
appropriately in terms of making ventilation parameter
- Manages artificial airways.
- Extubates tracheally intubated patients.
- Performs special procedures as required to meet the needs of
- Performs Bronchoscopy assistance.
- Intra-tracheal intubation (Emergent).
- Indirect calorimetry (Metabolic study)
- Documents concisely in medical records:
- Medication administration appropriately.
- Plans of Care are started and updated.
- Education records are addressed.
- Discharge instructions are documented.
- Treatment forms are completed for each treatment entry.
- Continuous therapy forms (Oxygen rounds) are completed
- Ventilator flow sheets are completely filled out.
- Adhere to medication management policy:
- Physicians' orders are verified and signed off.
- Verify that pharmacist has reviewed the order and check box on
respiratory treatment form --' RPh OK'd.
- Verify patient identification prior to medication
- Adhere to medication administration times unless ordered
otherwise by a physician.
- Adhere to the storage and dispensing of respiratory medications
on patient care units.
- Follows written and oral instruction.
- Works closely and compatibly and is respectful towards:
- Fellow respiratory therapists.
- Patients and their families.
- Medical staff.
- Nursing services.
- Other ancillary staff.
- Performs all tasks of the position in a satisfactory
- Possesses good time management skills.
- Can complete assignment and maintain quality care.
- Uses the following Policy and Procedure manuals as a reference:
- Respiratory Services.
- Human Resources.
- Infection Control.
- Environment of Care.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Code Blue.
- Adheres to the American Association of Respiratory Care Code of
Ethics and Standards of Practice for Respiratory Care.
- Associate Degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree in Science is preferred.
- Certificate of Completion from a 2-year accredited Respiratory
- Registered as a Respiratory Care Practitioner with the National
Board of Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support - BLS) certification with the
American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) with the
American Heart Association
- Certified in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are preferred. OTHER
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Legible handwriting.
- Substantial knowledge of:
- Electronic and mechanical monitoring equipment as normally used
relative to respiratory care.
- Operating principles of the more commonly used ventilators and
respiratory care equipment and specialized equipment.
- Cardiopulmonary physiology, pulmonary function (along with its
equipment and testing), and the physics and chemistry of
- Diseases, symptoms and pathophysiology common to patients with
- Respiratory assessment and evaluation.
- Must have basic computer skills. Hospital Description AHMC-
Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing
patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical
excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical
center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and
northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent
care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed
skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only
24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between
Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the
health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations,
we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous
innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we
need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on
our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality
patient-centered care Options Apply for this job online Apply Share
Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Air Combat Effectiveness Consulting Group, LLC, Daly City , Respiratory Care Practitioner II - 12 Hour (0.75 - 60 Hours Per Pay Period), Healthcare , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!