Clinical Research Assistant
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Daly City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Department of Medicine, Division of Stanford Center for
Clinical Research (SCCR), in collaboration with the Stanford
Departments of Medicine, Neurosurgery, Bioengineering and
Radiology, is conducting longitudinal studies. SCCR is seeking to
hire multiple Clinical Research Assistants to support enrolling
athletes at Stanford and other study sites in the Bay Area. SCCR
provides infrastructure and research support to Stanford clinical
research investigators. Its mission is to conduct and promote
high-impact, innovative clinical research to improve human
The Clinical Research Assistant will work within a
multidisciplinary team, including physicians, athletic trainers,
coaches and Clinical Research Operations Specialist; and have
direct interaction with participants. The Clinical Research
Assistant is required to have the ability to multi-task in a
high-energy environment. This position involves traveling to study
sites and being able to attend athletic games and practice
sessions. The Clinical Research Assistant is required to have
flexibility in their work schedule, and outstanding communication
and organizational skills-with attention to detail. The study
visits may occur in the evenings and occasionally during weekends.
The Clinical Research Assistant will be responsible for ensuring
compliance with federal, state, local, and sponsor regulations and
work under the direction of their supervisor.
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact
participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory
documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent
forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate
- Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person
interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test
measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry.
Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements
for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as
directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Perform basic measurements and tests on patients according to
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Liaise with research participants during study visits.
- Maintain a variety of complex records; suggest or make
improvements to record-keeping procedures.
- Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to
subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with
post-study activities, as needed.
- Travel between study site(s) and Stanford Hospital and Clinics
for study exams.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
- Four-year college degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience
or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or
an equivalent combination of experience, education, and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient
measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4921
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 84989 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Daly City , Clinical Research Assistant, Healthcare , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!