Sous Chef - Coventry Place
Company: Senior Resource Group
Location: Daly City
Posted on: May 5, 2022
- Prepares and cooks meals for residents under the direction of
Food Service Director. Responsible for providing high quality
dining service that takes into account resident preferences and
special dietary requirements in compliance with applicable food and
sanitation regulations. Assists Food Service Director in all phases
of kitchen management.
- Maintains a professional appearance, manner, and approach while
- Works in a manner that promotes a safe and sanitary environment
for staff, residents and visitors; makes efforts to reduce safety
hazards, accidents, and injuries.
- Makes an active contribution towards improving community
relations, increasing public regard and overall awareness of the
independent living and/or assisted living Community.
- Maintains appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Ensures the provision of high-quality services and service
delivery to residents.
- Reports resident and employee incidents to Food Service
Director, identifies and reports safety hazards and assists in
instituting corrective action in a timely manner.
- Shares in the responsibility for maintaining an environment
that is conducive to the safety, physical and emotional well- being
of residents, prospects and personnel.
- Participates in departmental and Community meetings and
projects as directed by supervisor.
- Supports and participates in the resident-centered activity
program as directed by supervisor.
- Helps supervise and assists staff in the production of all menu
items, including using recipes and production records, using high
quality ingredients, operating kitchen equipment, portioning and
- Conducts quality assurance tests for all menu items as directed
by Food Service Director.
- Supervises safe food handling procedures for cooking staff with
special emphasis on critical control.
- Monitors the labeling and proper storage of all foods.
- Cooks all foods in quantities according to menu and number of
persons being served.
- Assists in planning, review and revision of menus and menu
cycles. Assists in developing and maintaining recipes that adhere
to food costs and quality standards.
- Assists in adherence to staffing goals.
- Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts as directed by
Food Service Director.
- Helps maintain preventative maintenance program for kitchen
- Immediately reports to maintenance any malfunction in equipment
or physical plant.
- Assists in reviewing and controlling food, labor, and supply
- Controls overproduction, waste, and theft of all products.
- Maintains accurate daily production records
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Food Service experience in hospitality, country club, or senior
living industry preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Senior Resource Group is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee
based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and
over), disability, military status, genetic information or any
other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws,
and we prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any
of these protected categories. We comply with all applicable
federal, state and local laws, including but not to limited,
respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring
decisions. Completing an application does not guarantee that you
will be offered a position. We review all applications and strive
to hire the candidates who are the most qualified to perform the
essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Sous Chef, Location: Daly
City, CA - 94017 , PL: 529847086
Keywords: Senior Resource Group, Daly City , Sous Chef - Coventry Place, Hospitality & Tourism , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!