Senior Systems Administrator: Unix
Company: Change Healthcare
Location: Daly City
Posted on: November 12, 2021
SummaryThe Senior System Administrator is responsible for
maintaining the integrity and security of the enterprise's servers
and systems that support the various operation units of the
enterprise. The Senior System Administrator is expected to conduct
system analysis and development to keep our systems current with
changing technologies. They provide administration functions
including project planning, systems design and engineering,
performance management, security auditing and capacity planning.
The Senior Systems Administrator is a key technical resource for
other senior staff, providing advice, training and technical
support for various projects. In addition, the Senior Systems
Administrator works closely with Information Security and internal
audit to provide a secure environment.Education, Experience &
CertificationsEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Professional certifications in specialty areas.
- 10+ years of experience in IT as a Unix Systems
- 10+ years of designing, building, configuring and maintaining
an enterprise environment.
- Expert level project management & customer relationship
skills.Required Certifications & Training
- RHCE or LPIC-2 Certification-
- CompTIA A+
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Zerto Certified Professional Enterprise Engineer
- Nutanix Certified Professional (NCP)
- Scaled Agile/ITILPreferred Certifications & Training
- DoD Security clearance
- Dell EMC Certifications
- Pure CertificationsRequirementsPrincipal Accountabilities
- Provided tier III support to teams, business units, customers,
clients including but not limited to investigation, troubleshoot
and repair of OS & hardware issues.
- Demonstrates leadership in resolving complex problems for
multiple technologies where analysis of situations or data requires
an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Improvising and
collaborating on solutions while developing long term
- Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative
- Analyze performance indicators to ensure optimal utilization of
- Perform root cause analysis and presentation to problem
management board to ensure issue is resolved or mitigated.
- Works with multiple platforms, conducting performance tuning,
capacity planning, detailed monitoring and reporting at the
- Draft and update systems policies and standards to achieve
- Responsible for secure design, implementation and compliance of
systems and security baselines according to DISA STIG
- Ensuring that all IT assets including hardware are accurately
and professionally documented.
- Maintain high quality documentation, including policies and
- Create and maintain departmental and project procedural
- Implement DR solutions, design and write the polices and SOP
with providing a seamless fail-over. Managing and maintaining a
dependable backup strategy to ensure business continuity in the
event of a loss.
- Formulates requirements for Unix OS based systems on both
physical and virtual platforms and provides detailed implementation
plans with documentation and diagrams.
- Analyze the clients' current technical strategy, determine
improvement points and sell the solution to management.
- Researches, reviews and recommends hardware and software
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and
policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
for obtaining results.
- Interprets internal and external business issues and recommends
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex
- Leading technical projects involving participants from multiple
technology areas of the company.
- Provides guidance and training to junior level administrators
- Cost estimations and systems and infrastructure design for
- Work within the Change Control Board (CCB) guidelines for
implementations and integrations.
- Ability to speak to the business regarding technology solution
decisions and strategies.
- Planning, design, implementation and monitoring that projects
are progressing to meet deadlines and comply with the company and
- Communicates effectively and clearly with employees, immediate
manager, and other department managers.
- Be available to weekdays during regular business hours and
after hours as needed.
- Be available to work on call shift rotations requiring that you
be available 24x7.Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Expert level experience with Unix Systems Administration.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following
languages:Ansible, Shell, Terraform, Python, Perl
- Proficiency with at least one of these version control
products:GitLab, GitHub, Subversion
- Experience with AWS, AZURE & Google Cloud is a plus.
- In depth experience with VMware ESXi administration,
installation, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Experience with Nutanix/Hyper-converged infrastructure
administration, installation, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Complex Active Directory design, deployment, configuration
management, security profiling, advanced troubleshooting when
required, and consolidation initiatives.
- O365 technology administration, configuration, best practices,
- Experienced in remediating zero-day vulnerabilities.
- Be able to communicate technical details to non-technical
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable with disaster recovery planning and
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative
- Ability to work well in a group problem-solving situation.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to design and implement complex infrastructure
solutions in a tightly controlled environment through stringent
Change Control process.
- Ability to work closely with Information Security, Networking,
Storage and other teams to accomplish projects in a timely
- Experience with Nutanix and Hyper-converged infrastructure
administration, installation, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Advanced Unix operating systems internals and network
- Must be security conscious in all design and implementation
- Must understand how to implement solutions in a complex hybrid
on prem / cloud multi forest environment.Professional Competencies
- Drives to Win: Possesses sustained energy to set and meet
challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to
achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going
performance. - Advanced
- Communicates Clearly and Effectively: The ability to
effectively share ideas, thoughts, information and feelings with a
diverse range of audiences to develop two-way understanding; it
includes speaking, listening and written communication skills; the
ability to influence others towards a desired way of thinking or
course of action and to secure an agreement to achieve common goals
through effective negation - Advanced
- Demonstrates Flexibility and Adaptability: Is open and
receptive to appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift
priorities as required, and to incorporate new approaches in
support of changing organizational needs; possesses confidence in
challenging the status quo and providing input to change efforts. -
- Focuses on Customer Service: A desire to help or meet the needs
of customers; the ability to respond to the changing needs of the
customer while maintaining a high standard of quality and adhering
to the company policies, standards, practices and processes. -
- Teamwork: Is able to establish and maintain a good rapport and
cooperative relationships with customer and co-workers; able to
work cooperatively across organizational boundaries to achieve
shared goals; possesses an understanding of team dynamics and
provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering collaboration
and an environment of mutual trust and respect. - Advanced
- Develops Self: Maintains a commitment to personal and
professional development, keeping abreast of current professional
knowledge; is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself. - Advanced
- Solves Problems: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; able to think
critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical,
operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement
the best solution in a timely manner. - Advanced
- Manages and Executes on Projects: Establishes plans and manages
resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on
budget. - Advanced
- Acts with Integrity and Demonstrates Ethical Behavior:
Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones
motives and representations of those of the organization; is seen
as a direct, truthful, keeps confidences, promises and commitments;
acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on personal
accountability and a moral conviction to do the right thing. -
AdvancedJoin our team today where we are creating a better
coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient
healthcare system!-COVID MandateAs a federal contractor, Change
Healthcare is adhering to the Executive Order which mandates
vaccination.- As such, we are requiring all U.S. new hires and
employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or
receive an approved accommodation by their date of hire, as a
condition of employment.-As we continue to navigate the
ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing our
part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team
members and our communities. Proof of vaccination or accommodations
requests will be collected once an offer is accepted with Change
Healthcare. -All accommodation requests will be carefully
considered but are not guaranteed to be approved.-Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement Change Healthcare is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information,- national origin, disability, or veteran status. To
read more about employment discrimination protections under federal
law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at .If
you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application
for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
email@example.com "Applicant requesting
reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted
to this email box will not be accepted.Click here -to view our pay
transparency nondiscrimination policy.California (US) Residents: By
submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of
any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and
understood-.Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and
conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in
accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Change Healthcare, Daly City , Senior Systems Administrator: Unix, IT / Software / Systems , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!