Licensed Vocational Nurse/LVN (0.8 - 64 Hours Per Pay Period)
Company: Ahmc Healthcare Inc.
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 1, 2021
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides appropriate nursing
care under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) in compliance
with the standards of care at AHMC Seton Medical Center and the LVN
Nurse Practice Act; demonstrates respect for the individual and
maintains the dignity of the patient and family unit.
- Care for all types of patients and perform those skills and
procedures taught in an accredited program of vocational nursing.
Perform all care within the scope of practice for vocational nurses
and as practices at Seton Medical Center.
- Appropriately assess and document the patient's initial
condition and assesses and documents ongoing changes. Participate
in patient interventions, plans for care and evaluation of
- Plan and initiate patient teaching as related to the patient's
illness. Includes teaching and psychosocial interventions with both
patients and family.
- Participate and document discharge planning for the patient on
initial admission and throughout hospital stay.
- Participate in unit-based quality assurance activities.
- Administer and monitor the effects of medications as prescribed
by a physician and in accordance with practice at Seton Medical
- Perform venipuncture following the standards of practice at
Seton Medical Center.
- Demonstrate safety-conscious behavior consistent with the
- Demonstrate ability to document information in the patient
record accurately and in a timely, concise manner.
- Demonstrate participation in professional
- Use effective oral and written skills to communicate with other
members of the health care team as well as patients and their
- Show appropriate leadership skills while directing other
members of the health care team.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by a Registered
- Specific Tasks and Expectations
- Cares for all types of patients and performs those skills and
procedures taught in an accredited Program of Vocational Nursing.
Performs all care within the scope of practice for vocational
nurses and as practiced at Seton Medical Center.
- Has passed skills checklist for licensed vocational nurse and
has demonstrated proficiency in all skills. (Note skills that need
Practices vocational nursing skills under the direction of an RN
and seeks assistance from the RN as appropriate.
- Appropriately assesses and documents the patient's initial
condition and assesses and documents ongoing changes. Participates
in patient interventions, plans for care, and evaluation of care
under direction of an RN.
- Demonstrates ability to thoroughly assess patient's condition
and document using focus charting.
- Documents patient problems, interventions, and outcomes using
- Assesses and documents patient's on-going condition and any
change in condition.
Demonstrates knowledge of the Nursing Process by correctly
utilizing focus charting.
- Plans and initiates patient teaching as related to the
patient's illness. Includes teaching and psychosocial interventions
with both patients and family.
- On admission, assesses patient's learning needs and documents
those need in the nursing record.
- Documents the plan of teaching, interventions taken, and their
Documents patient's response to their illness, including
psychosocial interventions with both patients and family and their
- Participates and documents discharge planning for the patient
on initial admission and throughout the hospital stay.
- Initiates and documents need for Discharge Planning on
Documents discharge planning, equipment needs, or home health
needs throughout the length of the hospital stay.
- Participates in unit-based quality assurance activities.
- Participates, as directed by RN, in ongoing unit-based
Participates in problem solving based on findings of unit-based
- Administers and monitors the effects of medications as
prescribed by a physician and in accordance with practice at Seton
- Consistently charts sites of injections.
- Consistently charts effects of pain medications on record.
Consistently monitors the effects of all medication, documents
and informs the registered nurse of any untoward effect.
- Performs venipuncture following the standard of practice at
Seton Medical Center.
- Consistently follows IV policy as written at Seton Medical
- Charts and documents appropriately in the Medical Record when
administering IV fluids and blood products (as per transfusion
Changes IV sites and documents such according to Seton Medical
- Demonstrates ability to document information in the patient
record in a timely, concise manner.
- Charting is legible and concise at all times.
Charting accurately reflects the patient's clinical status.
- Demonstrates participation in professional
- Shows initiative in attending inservices and workshops
appropriate to professional
Document evidence of continuing education courses as required
- Use effective oral and written skills to communicate with the
members of the health care team, as well as patients and their
Demonstrates courteous and therapeutic communication with
patients and family.
- Displays courteous and professional behavior while interacting
with members of the health care team.
- Shows appropriate leadership skills while directing other
members of the health care team.
- Participates in orientation of new employees and registry
Directs courteous and professional behavior while interacting
with members of the health team.
- Performs appropriate duties as assigned by a Registered
- Willingly performs tasks for other members of the health care
team when needed.
- Show initiative in performing duties outside of
- Uses oral and written skills in effectively communicating to
other health team members, patients, and families.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Licensed Vocational
- Previous experience preferred.
- Current California licensure as a Licensed Vocational
- Current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Senior Licensed Vocational Nurses must have successfully
completed courses in Intravenous Therapy approved by the State
Board, and Pharmacology as recognized by the Board of Vocational
Nurses and other unit specific certifications. All Licensed
Vocational Nurses must complete IV certification within six (6)
months of hire.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledgeable of the California Nursing Practice Act.
- Able to understand and follow all policies, procedures,
guidelines, rules and regulations of Nursing Service, AHMC Seton
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing
patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical
excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical
center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and
northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent
care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed
skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only
24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between
Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the
health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations,
we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous
innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we
need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on
our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality
Keywords: Ahmc Healthcare Inc., Daly City , Licensed Vocational Nurse/LVN (0.8 - 64 Hours Per Pay Period), Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!