UNIT COORDINATOR (0.8 - 64 hours per pay period)
Company: Ahmc Healthcare Inc.
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 1, 2021
The Unit Coordinator provides clerical duties for the Unit under
the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Ensures a professional and responsive atmosphere by greeting
patients, visitors, staff, and physicians promptly and courteously.
Refers to each individual by name when appropriate.
- Answers telephones using name, department, and title. Screens
calls appropriately and refers callers to the correct staff member,
patient, department, and/or resource in a timely manner. Makes
every attempt to answer phones within three rings. Monitors time
individuals may be on hold and reassures them that their calls have
not been forgotten. Takes clear, accurate, concise phone messages.
Consistently available to answer phones. Seeks coverage when away
from the work area.
- Relays messages in a timely manner, opens and delivers mail as
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment.
- Provides clerical support within the department. Transcribes
physician's orders and enters them into the computer for
implementation and ancillary department follow through. Asks
questions in advance to gain clear understanding of the project(s).
Completes assignments accurately and within the agreed time
- Schedules/arranges diagnostic tests/procedures as ordered and
informs the staff of required preparation as appropriate.
- Assures timely and accurate entry of patient information into
computer system regarding transfers and discharges.
- Assembles, maintains, stuffs, and thins medical records in a
neat and timely manner. Files all forms/reports in the appropriate
order. Copies required components of the medical record for
transfer to other facilities or units. Sends charts to medical
records in a timely manner at the time of discharge.
- Maintains unit specific statistics, admission/discharge logs
and other record keeping books as required. Completes all
statistics, logs and records, accurately, neatly and legibly and
within the agreed time frame.
- Copies, collates, and assembles the department's printed
material (e.g., patient educational information, etc.) as
- Performs routine clerical duties as directed to ensure accurate
and timely support on various unit and Nursing Service
- Ensures office supplies and department equipment are available
and maintained by checking inventory, preparing, and sending
appropriate requisitions and work orders, and conducting routine
maintenance of office equipment. Maintains appropriate stock levels
by ordering supplies in advance. Puts supplies away in the
appropriate storage area, in a timely and orderly fashion.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital related
information, communications and documents.
- Adheres to the departmental and medical center policies on
scheduling, overtime, sick time & time off.
- Arrives punctually, takes appropriate time for breaks and uses
sick time appropriately.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent required.
- Two years vocational training or 2 years relevant work
experience may be substituted for vocational training.
- Proficient in computerized documentation systems.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to understand and follow all policies, procedures,
guidelines, rules and regulations of the assigned unit, Nursing
Service, Seton Medical Center, Title XXII, COBRA/EMTALA, JCAHO and
other applicable state and federal laws.
- Able to work under stress and accurately perform multiple tasks
- Possesses excellent judgment and functions with minimal
- Typing and word processing skills recommended.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and by
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing
patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical
excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical
center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and
northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent
care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed
skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only
24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between
Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the
health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations,
we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous
innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we
need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on
our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality
Keywords: Ahmc Healthcare Inc., Daly City , UNIT COORDINATOR (0.8 - 64 hours per pay period), Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!