Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
StemExpress, LLC was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in
Folsom, California. We currently stand as the nation's leading
biospecimen provider of viable, healthy/disease-state human primary
cell products for academic, biotechnological and contract research
organizations. We support medical research, gene therapies and
clinical trials by providing researchers with the highest quality
cellular material from our own state-of-the-art laboratories. We
have built an extensive global network of hospitals and clinics
with a vast donor base, granting scientists access to consistent
and specialized cellular products. In response to the rapid spread
of COVID-19 in 2020, we began partnering with hospitals and public
health departments to provide end-to-end COVID-19 testing using
gold-standard PCR. We are committed to expanding and optimizing
both their COVID-19 operations as well as the company's core cell
and gene therapy initiatives.
We are hiring an Apheresis Technician to perform safe, effective
collections at our Stem Cell Collection Center. Our team provides
excellent donor service, while collecting blood, white blood cells
through a procedure called apheresis (similar to Dialysis) and
assists in bone marrow collections.
Who You Are
A professional in the healthcare industry with dialysis or
apheresis experience and an active Certification in Phlebotomy with
a "work hard, play hard attitude". You feel comfortable collecting
and documenting blood specimens in a medical clinic environment.
You are a "people" person who knows how to connect with a wide
variety of individuals, and demonstrates problem solving skills
while maintaining accuracy and a sense of urgency. Most of all, you
are looking for a career you can be proud of and know that with
StemExpress you will play a key role in accelerating the cure and
prevention of significant medical conditions at life-changing
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
This position has a similar skill set to a Dialysis technician
with strong phlebotomy skills. To be successful, the Apheresis
Technician will do the following:
- Perform apheresis collections, ensuring they are all completed
according to established procedures, guidelines, and contracts in
compliance with all pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Routinely perform phlebotomy to collect blood samples.
- Assist in bone marrow collections.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer/donor service.
- Accurately complete and review documentation.
- Receive, log, and trace specimens while following HIPPA
regulations for donor/sample security.
- Ensure collection and quality compliance for blood, cells,
tissue and apheresis donations.
- Perform cell counts and analysis on blood specimens.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Site Manager for the Injury & Illness
Prevention Program as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexible work schedule will be needed based on project
- State Phlebotomy certification (License required in
- Experience with Apheresis setup & equipment procedures,
Leukapheresis specific experience preferred. Will consider someone
who has provided dialysis treatment.
- Knowledge of medical procedures and conditions and ability to
understand, follow and successfully perform duties, including whole
blood collection and apheresis procedures, in accordance with
administrative and medical policies, regulations and
- Education sufficient to perform all tasks and to read,
understand and follow Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
and regulatory materials.
- Six (6) months experience performing apheresis collection or
similar responsibilities/duties in a relevant medical setting
preferred OR Completion of an acceptable training program (requires
proof of completion and course content) plus three (3) months
relevant experience preferred.
- Experience in hands on venipuncture.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow protocols to maintain quality systems.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Experience with blood banking techniques
Our most successful team members share a passion for our mission
and bring an I CAN DO attitude to the workplace every day.
StemExpress is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program
that includes healthcare contribution, flexible spending account,
employee assistance program, long-term disability, 401k matching,
and holiday pay. We contribute toward participation in group
health, vision and dental plans.
Keywords: StemExpress, Daly City , Apheresis Technician/Phlebotomist, Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!