Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Mission Bio
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work
at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in
the bay area? We are #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations
list. Our mission is to enable our customers to cure cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution
for single-cell genomics across the range of research and
translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is
growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven
individual to make a significant impact on the direction and
success of an exciting young company. We are committed to
diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking
professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive
environment, we would love to meet you.
Sr. BI Analyst
We are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Business
Intelligence Analyst to deliver insights through data solutions to
business groups across the company. You will work with our business
groups applying your business intuition and technical knowledge.
The Sr. BI Analyst will be required to develop and enhance the
knowledge of Mission Bio's data and systems utilized by the
business teams. This person will be responsible for hands-on
collaboration with business partners to understand and meet their
needs for data and insights. With an understanding of the core
business needs in hand, you will use SQL and data visualization
skills to design, develop and implement solutions to move the
business forward and enable effective and timely
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of the Commercial team, partner with technical teams
and business partners to ensure close collaboration between tech
teams and the business
- Collaborate with executives, stakeholders, and decision-makers
to prioritize, design, and fulfill their data analytics needs
- Identify KPIs driving business growth and performance and work
closely with the business teams to define them
- Own the front-end BI reporting landscape - design, build,
document, and maintain a single source of truth for KPIs and
dashboards using front-end BI tools such as Tableau
- Design and development of Data Warehouse/Data Mart using
Snowflake for the backend
- Develop a deep understanding of the company's current data
needs, and shape the future data strategy
- Design, build, and launch reliable dashboards that provide
insights across cross-functional teams
- Develop analytics solutions that bring data to life by using
design thinking concepts in a timely manner
- Effectively coordinate work and collaborate across various
cross-functional groups and levels in the organization
- Manage security and privacy standards for the BI solutions
through administrative responsibilities.
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy
to use BI tools and teaching the business users how to use
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure the high quality
- Communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects to
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in BI or Analytics teams.
- Hands-on experience in building and managing BI systems
(Tableau is plus).
- Expert in crafting functional and user-friendly dashboards
(Tableau is plus).
- Experience in cloud data warehouse technologies (Snowflake is
- SQL expert, capable of complex, efficient, and logical SQL to
accomplish data analysis goals.
- Driven by logical and analytical thinking to solve problems.
And have an eye for detail-oriented analysis and design.
- Solid functional knowledge of financial, sales, and other core
- Able to manage professional relationships across a variety of
stakeholders, including c-level and executives.
- Able to identify and prioritize multiple requirements and
manage expectations accordingly.
- Collaborative and willing to traverse and contribute to the
entire data stack, from front-end to back-end as needed.
Fit with Mission Bio culture:
- Curious in wanting to understand how things work and finding
meaning in the differences among diverse people
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of
various backgrounds and expertise collaborating by taking pride in
the work we do together, encouraging each other's contributions and
- Drive in loving the work you do, striving to improve, and
wanting to impact our community by moving precision medicine
Keywords: Mission Bio, Daly City , Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!