Vice President, Strategy
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Strategy team within Genesys is a global function focused on
strategy management (corporate strategy, verticalization,
sustainability, pricing & offers), inorganic growth (corporate
development, alliances), and transformation (internal
consulting/program management, executive and internal
communication). The team develops and drives a growth strategy for
Genesys, and fosters aligned execution of the strategy across the
The VP Strategy is part of the global Strategy leadership team
and reports to the Chief Strategy Officer. The Vice President will
start as an individual contributor and will likely recruit 1-2
roles in the near-term to support their efforts.
- As a key member of the Strategy team, the Vice President will
drive corporate strategy efforts and "architect" recurring
- This position will represent the first formal role in Corporate
Strategy other than the Chief Strategy Officer that runs the group,
and so the successful candidate will help establish the
- The function should generate a perspective that is long-term,
outside-in, and predictive.
- Key focus areas will be: development/maintenance of strategy
and execution documents, market intelligence, scenario analysis,
and focused strategic analyses.
- The role provides structured qualitative and quantitative
assessments to enable critical decisions, and the Vice President
will be asked to deliver findings directly to Executive
- This position will also help coordinate strategic analyses and
documents produced by business units and functions in support of
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of software industry experience, 5+ years in CX
software with a heavy cloud concentration.
- Our focus is creating a company (not product or feature)
strategy so you should be strong in strategy building.
- An undergraduate degree in economics, business, accounting, or
- Proven success in product management, strategy management, and
- MBA desirable but not necessary.
- Running strategic analyses and planning.
- Collecting competitive intelligence and mapping market/industry
- Creating strategy documents and leading the process that
fosters alignment and insight.
- Expressing a point of view with a strategic, data-supported
- Familiarity with market data and analyst reports as well as
experience in coordinating primary research.
- The ability to work independently, and to interface with
company and outside resources seamlessly to collect and synthesize
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Infertility treatments
See more Genesys benefits information at https://mygenesysbenefits.com/
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority
for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the
Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding
processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted
remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone
calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely
through at least June 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are
re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an
Every year, Genesys delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a Service so organizations of any size can
provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and
foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
Cloud, an all-in-one solution and the world's leading public cloud
contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability
and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status,
national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status,
and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Keywords: Genesys, Daly City , Vice President, Strategy, Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!