CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (0.8 - 64 Hours Per Pay Period)
Company: Ahmc Healthcare Inc.
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), is a member of the health
care team who assists in the delivery of total patient care, under
the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational
- Provides routine care as outlined in the CNA skills
- Promptly reports to Team Leader any pertinent observation or
factors affecting delivery of routine patient care including family
complaints and unusual incidences.
- Assists in preparation of patients' rooms and beds for
admission, transfers or discharges. Accompanies patient as
- Prepares patients for meals, sets up patient trays, assists in
feeding patients as necessary, positions patients to avoid choking
and ease in eating, and distributes water and other nourishments
according to patient's needs, regularly provide patients with fresh
water. Accurately estimates percentages of meal consumed. Knows
which patients are NPO or on restricted diets.
- Makes rounds on assigned patients regularly and as needed.
Answers patient call lights immediately (whether assigned patient
or not) and anticipates patient's needs.
- Provides patient's activity and comfort per mobility
- Ensures that all personal articles are secured on admission and
returned to patient upon discharge. Provides education regarding
correct storage of valuables, eyeglasses, and dentures; use of bed
control, nurse call light system, and location of bathroom.
- Evidence of ability to manage time effectively and set
priorities while maintaining flexibility.
- Always provides for patient privacy, closes curtain and/or room
for all procedures. Maintains confidentiality of patients &
organization information per HIPAA mandate.
- Consistently demonstrates awareness of patient rights.
- Willing to perform or offers to perform
assignments/tasks/errands as request by the Nurse Manager.
Willingly accepts re-assignment to other units as required.
- Assist with orientation of new personnel to the unit as
- Completes work left from the previous shift and reports all
incomplete assignments to ensure continuity of care. Cooperates and
aids other staff in order to complete all work assignments.
- Reports off duty to Team Leader before leaving the unit at any
time; does not leave the unit at the end of the shift unless
released by the Team Leader/Nurse Manager.
Demonstrates a reliable and dependable ability to follow-through
with designated responsibilities in the collecting, labeling and
transporting of specimens.
- Completion of an accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program
or completion of the first year of nursing school.
- One year of Long-Term Care experience preferred.
- Current CA Certified Nurse Assistant certificate.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- Completion of an Acute Care C.N.A. program preferred
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to understand and follow all policies, procedures,
guidelines, rules and regulations of the assigned unit, Nursing
Service, AHMC Seton, Title XXII, JCHAO and other applicable state
and federal laws.
- Able to work under stress and accurately perform multiple tasks
- Possesses good judgment and functions within required
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing
patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical
excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical
center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and
northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent
care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed
skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only
24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between
Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the
health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations,
we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous
innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we
need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on
our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality
Keywords: Ahmc Healthcare Inc., Daly City , CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (0.8 - 64 Hours Per Pay Period), Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!