CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Per-Diem)
Company: Ahmc Healthcare Inc.
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Functions as a leader in medical nutrition therapy, promoting
wellness through optimal nutrition. Collaborates with physicians,
nurses and other ancillary staff to provide optimal nutrition
support. Functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health
care team screening and/or assessing newly admitted
patients/residents to identify those at nutrition risk. Completes
comprehensive medical nutrition therapy assessment for those
patients identified at nutrition risk. Provides therapeutic diet
education based on patient needs and literacy level. Develops and
implements an appropriate plan of care. Develops through
orientation and continuing education, and according to the American
Dietetic Association standards of practice, knowledge and skills as
appropriate for working with patients of any age, including the
child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, and the terminally
ill. Regularly provides quality service to customers following
established protocols. Maintains confidentiality. Actively
participates in the growth and development of the Clinical
- Conducts initial and subsequent nutritional assessment on
- Provide gestational diabetes education and tools for patient
- Conduct classes in groups as requested by the Program
- Participates in in-services, seminars and case presentations as
requested by the Program Coordinator.
- Provide monthly data on outcome of all gestational diabetes
- Provide in-services to physicians as requested.
- Assess all insulin dependent patients. Provide education on and
teach patient how to use insulin.
- Communicate well with physicians and receive orders for insulin
use from physicians.
- Conduct postpartum nutritional counseling and evaluate need for
postpartum blood testing.
- Provide assistance to Program Coordinator as requested.
- Provide community outreach as requested.
- A Bachelor's degree in Dietetics or equivalent from an approved
program that meets the American Dietetic Association qualifications
for Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian eligibility.
- 2 years experience in acute/long term care preferred.
- Current certification as a Registered Dietitian through
Commission of Dietetics Registration.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
- Should be self-motivating.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and time management
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing
patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical
excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical
center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and
northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent
care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed
skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only
24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between
Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the
health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations,
we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous
innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we
need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on
our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality
Keywords: Ahmc Healthcare Inc., Daly City , CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Per-Diem), Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!