Lab Assistant I
Company: North East Medical Service
Location: Daly City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Lab Assistant I performs phlebotomy and reception
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Registers and greets patients, reviews/obtain lab orders, post
lab charges, release lab orders, informs, generates and posts
and collects payments.
- Performs blood draw in an accurate and timely manner.
- Explains to patients how to collect random or timed urine,
sputum, feces or semen sample accurately.
- Performs other job duties as required by
- Current Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 (CPT-1) certificate
issued by the State of California
- High school certificate/GED certificate required.
- Must be proficient in using computers.
- 1+ years experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Experience in a laboratory setting is a plus.
- Knowledge of NextGen system is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Current documentation of Basic Life Support is required.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Ability to speak Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) required.
This is a FLSA Non-exempt position.
This is an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming
diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical,
dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children;
and company contribution to 401(k).
Keywords: North East Medical Service, Daly City , Lab Assistant I, Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!