Life Science Research Professional 2
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Daly City
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Research
Professional 2 to perform more complex functions and activities
involved in defined research projects, and independently conduct a
portion of the research project(s).
- Independently conduct a portion of the research project(s).
Make recommendations on experimental design and/or research
direction to principal investigator.
- Independently conduct complex (lab and/or field) experiments to
gather data for a portion of a major research project.
- Interpret and analyze results, often where few guidelines
exist, and make modifications to existing procedures and
- Develop new research protocols where appropriate protocols are
not described in the literature or where modification or adaptation
of standard procedures and protocols is required.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams across different
faculties or schools.
- Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new
procedures and related research; apply to ongoing research and
development of new protocols.
- Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for
publication, especially in the results section, and to publication
of findings. Present ongoing work to colleagues and/or academic
- Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of
principal investigator or business manager.
- Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies
with regulations and all required trainings.
- Supervise (either formally or informally) staff or students as
needed, including oversight and direction on techniques, as well as
consultation on project work. Serve as a technical resource for
other research staff.
- Oversee the daily activities of the laboratory including lab
maintenance; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and
safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May
assist with purchasing laboratory equipment.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and two years of
relevant work experience; or Master's degree in a related
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
accurately complete detailed work.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp
lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform
desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift,
carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders,
sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand
and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder
level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous
- Position may require repetitive motion.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4952
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 94270 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Daly City , Life Science Research Professional 2, Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!