Company: Stanford University
Location: Daly City
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Stanford University is seeking an Operations Coordinator
(Administrative Associate 3) to provide administrative or
operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible
for leading other administrative staff or subordinates. Duties
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair
in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
input. * - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): High school diploma and four
years of administrative experience, or combination of education and
relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl. * - Consistent with
its obligations under the law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, The expected pay range for this position is
$60,000 to $81,000 per annum.
Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good faith
estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for a
position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be
determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the
selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal
equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable
jobs. As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
Keywords: Stanford University, Daly City , Operations Coordinator, Other , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...