Company: Goldrich Kest
Location: Daly City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
the Most Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles
Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and
management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to
expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties
including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and
congregate care through acquisition and development while providing
stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
- Salary Range: $20-$23 hourly (DOE)
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5:30pm)
- Apartment Unit: This position does not come with a comped
This position is a hybrid role handling both Porter and Maintenance
Technician responsibilities and duties of the property.
Under the Supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Porter/MT is
responsible to assist to maintain the overall appearance and
maintenance needs of the community and keep it in a clean and
orderly condition. Responsibilities include oversite of the
grounds, curb appeal, landscape, building exteriors, breezeways,
leasing office, pools, amenities and other common areas. The
Porter/MT will assist the Maintenance Manager with various tasks;
coordinate make-readies and move ins/move out schedules; perform
general maintenance repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and
oversee the construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment
- Maintaining the cleanliness, physical appearance, and curb
appeal of the community in line with the established standards
including the grounds, building exteriors, breezeways, leasing
office, pools, amenities and other common areas.
- Clean all interior hallways, common areas, and some exterior of
- Routinely shampoo common area carpets and buff floors.
- Assist in the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in by
- Responsible for the overall property in order to assist the
leasing staff in achieving the overall occupancy goals and
assisting in resident retention by providing a quality living
experience for the residents.
- Additional duties as necessary to ensure proper cleanliness of
- Turning apartments, plumbing, electrical fixtures, and interior
- Repair and replace parts, corrective maintenance and ground
- Diagnose and solve maintenance problems
- Ensure all work is done in a timely manner and follow up
- Responsible for the physical upkeep of the property and all
- Perform day-to-day janitorial cleaning of the interior and
exterior of the apartment community
- 2 + years' experience in maintenance or related industry
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize
- Customer service orientation with the ability to work with
residents, vendors, management, and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and OSHA
- Previous experience in work order management software highly
preferred as well as MS Office products, Excel, Word and
- Ability to work well with staff, visitors and residents.
- Self-motivated, efficient and able to adapt to a variety of
cleaning situations as they arise.
- A sense of pride in keeping the community looking great.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. This position is very active and
requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items over 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
The majority of the work day is spent indoors performing repairs
inside of apartments and when performing computer related work.
Exposure to seasonal temperatures occurs during summer and winter
months. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving
mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud.
#joinGK Associated topics: athletic, backfill, crew, floor,
hardscaper, ice, irrigation, land fill, landscape, pruner
Keywords: Goldrich Kest, Daly City , Porter-Maintenance Technician, Professions , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!