Gas Service Representative (IBEW) Daly City
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: Daly City
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Requisition ID # 121100Job Category : Maintenance / Construction
/ OperationsJob Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Gas
OperationsDepartment OverviewGas Service is a department within
Customer Field Service that is responsible for the establishment of
gas and electric service for PG&E's residential and small
commercial customers.Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO
employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that
actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.Position SummaryThis is an
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245
represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience
representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to
collective bargaining.We are seeking a highly motivated, capable
individual with excellent safety and customer focus skills, as well
as mechanical skills, for our Gas Service Representative (GSR)
position. GSRs respond to gas emergencies and provide safety check
and adjustment service on customer-owned gas appliances.The work
environment may include working in confined spaces. Shift work,
weekends and overtime may be required. This position is subject to
union dues.This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation)
covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol
- Affixes approved dead end fittings to squeezed-off plastic
- Conducts leak survey work.
- Connects and disconnects services at the weather head on new
business accounts, including panel upgrades.
- Performs installation and alteration of all domestic and
commercial gas meter and regulator sets and equipment.
- Squeezes off (pinch-off) ruptured plastic services which are
visible (and which can be accessed safely) to protect life and
- Grades leaks for customer-generated tags.
- Handles single-phase complete outs and voltage complaints high
or low, and flickering lights.
- Performs gas appliance parts replacement in conjunction with
their regular work.
- Performs turn-ons or shut-offs up to 2 lbs.
- DOT-Operations/Maintenance AND EmergencyQualificationsMinimum
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective
- Record of Residence within 30 minutes of job or
- Ability to work shift scheduleDesired Qualifications:
- Experience in construction, plumbing, or basic electrical
- Graduate from the Bridge to Utility Worker Power Pathway
- Current or previous PG&E employee
- Current or previous Hiring Hall employeePre-Employment
TestingPG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all
prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all
secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on
prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please
visit the Pre-employment testing program website.Industrial Skills
TestPhysical Test BatteryWork Orientation
Inventory-Physical/Technical DrivingPost-Offer Phys Assessment Gas
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Daly City , Gas Service Representative (IBEW) Daly City, Sales , Daly City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!